These steps will show how to air-play from an iPad to an Apple TV or general TV!
Turning on air-play / Screen Mirroring via wireless wi-fi:
1. Tap and drag down on this icon in the corner on your iPad.
2. On the drop-down menu that appears, select "Screen Mirroring".
3. On the pop-up list that appears select your desired device (such as AppleTV(Name)).
4. Tap outside of the area to close this menu(while seeing that your chosen device is active) to enjoy air-play!
Turning off air-play / Screen Mirroring via wireless wi-fi:
1. On the drop-down menu that appears from Step 1 above, select your desired device (such as AppleTV[Name]).
2. On the pop-up list that appears scroll down and select "Stop Mirroring" to exit air-play!
Air-playing / Screen Mirroring via HDMI adapter:
1. Make sure you have the proper adapter / convertor device such as this one picture for Lightning-to-HDMI (note other equivalents exist for USB-C or the older Lightning!):
2. Plug the smaller end into your iPad.
3. Plug your HDMI cable from the desired TV (it does not need to be an Apple TV!) in order to begin air-playing / Screen Mirroring!
The Jackbox Air-play / Screen Mirroring Controller:
Whenever an iPad version of any Jackbox game is air-playing / Screen Mirroring, it will look like this, with touch controls much like a gamepad equivalent!: